Sunday 16 November 2014

NaBloPoMo. Day 17 - Panthera : Death Spiral

Panthera : Death Spiral.  Chapter Two - continued

  "Yeah, that could do it.  She know you're planning to use her like this?"
  Bryn shook his head, feeling embarrassed.  Trust Nic to see the flaw in his plan.  But Nic was ex-CF and he'd done intelligence work, so he was trained to think that way.
  "When your AI disappears they'll check family connections first," Nic pointed out.
  Bryn nodded.  "I know.  It worries me, but I haven't got any better ideas.  Have you?"
  "Not without getting other people involved, which I'm guessing you don't want."
  "No way."
  "Okay, then I agree Ren's your best bet.  But you gotta tell her the truth."
  "I need help to smuggle Pan out.  Maybe as a delivery to somewhere."
  "Like to one of my non-existent companies?"
   Bryn nodded.  "Yes.  I don't understand how security stuff works.  I'm a geek.  Can you sort that?"
  "Yeah, but you need to fake purchase orders and whatever other audit trails you gotta leave in ES's systems."
  "Pan can do that.  He can tap into anything at ES."  He nearly said Pan could hack into any electronic system, but that would freak Nic out.
  "Okay, get him to sort that.  Here's what we'll do..."


Panthera : Death Spiral is available as an ebook and paperback from Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment