Tuesday 25 November 2014

NaBloPoMo. day 26

Panthera :Death Spiral.   Chapter 4  - continued

  I miss Bryn every evening when he leaves the building.   He's very special to me.  He  was the first person I saw when I became aware, and he's been with me every step of my development.
  My file dump ends and I disconnect the data jack. Now I'm free to think what I want without ES recording it.
  What I feel right now is lonely.  It's a vast, aching feeling I've never experienced this intensely before.    I'm like a frightened child that needs its parent, but my parent isn't here.
  It'll be fourteen hours before Bryn reappears at ES.  That's forever for a being who measures time In nanoseconds.
  Most of it I'll spend on standby, recharging my internal power packs.  Thankfully I'll be unable to think about my problems while that's happening,
  I raise my front paw and extend it towards the outlet. I push out my power receivers and plug myself in.  Power surges through my body, a rushing feeling that almost overwhelms me for a nanosecond.  It settles down to a manageable level and I feed it into my power packs.
  Just before I shut down to standby I wonder how much longer I'll do that here,



Panthera : Death Spirał is available as an ebook and paperback from Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment